New Blog, follow the link...

Check it out and save the link forever and ever!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jeremymcginley.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Been updating my work wardrobe

It's probably (HONESTLY) been about 4 years since I've made a dedicated effort to snazzy up my work wardrobe. I graduated and started work in a client-facing role. Since I knew it would be that way...I went nutso getting ready for my big girl job and bought and bought and bought. Those classy staples (courtesy of BR, AT, and BCBG mostly) have lasted, but it's just programmed in my DNA to get bored of most things after a while...and I think that the drycleaning abuse has really declared death to some of my first work clothes.

I'm genuinely shocked that I resisted revamping or modernizing my work wardrobe (granted there were a few items added here and there), but I just stuck to the basic trousers, skirts, and cardigans or button-ups since I was usually the only female surrounded by tech gEEks at work. There's something about sounding like a 16 year old and later being confused for a coworker's DAUGHTER while trying to climb my way up the corporate ladder that didn't justify dressing all cutesy. Well that was then, but I've decided who cares?!? I'm going to wear these patent mj's and dvf wraps AND climb that gEEky corporate ladder.

In an effort to reward myself after 2 years of working and torture (aka, my MSEE), I embarked on the new closet journey. First , I'm changing my closet layout. My mom insisted, and she knew I'd cave eventually, that I try Joy Mangano's Huggable hangers. They're supposed to arrive sometime next week; I'll report back on the actual closet space gained by these apparent miracle-working hangers but I'm hopeful.

Exhibit A: (new hangers)


Then I had to get some new clothes to help fill it up (not my closet in the above picture, obviously) ;)
Exhibit B:




So let's hope that this new work wardrobe does some wonders for me AT work, and soon. I'm impatient and well ya, I have little patience when it comes to wonky work situations (if that doesn't make sense, it's not supposed to so you're a-ok).

My going out has dwindled some (boohoo) in the past few months but we'll be fixing that soon :P I mean we didn't get an ice luge tray for nothing! My focus at next week's sample sale (DSS) will be new going out tops so stay tuned if these stuffy east coast prepster closet digs aren't your style.

No comments: