New Blog, follow the link...

Check it out and save the link forever and ever!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jeremymcginley.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If only I had patience

I'm battling the same cold that it seems everyone else on the metro, at the gym, and even message boards I frequent seems to be battling. Joy!

Combine that with the embarrassingly chipped and summery pink toe nail polish I'm sporting, and we've got a pedicure emergency!

Since J has class late on Tuesday nights, my incentive to go home in a rush isn't quite the same as most other work days. As much as I loved my previous pedicure (and yes, really it rocked), getting up to Adams Morgan on a weeknight all the way from my job in suburbia VA and it just isn't going to happen. In my desperation, I decided I didn't have the patience to wait until the weekend to walk up to Adams Morgan.

I consulted my favorite Yelp resource yet again for another "more local" salon within a reasonable walking distance to our place. Ibiza Day Spa had about 20 raving reviews on their services and I was convinced/desperate enough to try it out.

I had a little trouble finding exactly where on 24th/Pennsylvania they were located but with the help of my Crackberry's mapping features, I was pointed straight to the McFadden's building. It's in that building but on the 24th St side of it, tricky if you're not paying attention :P

Anyway, they carry only Essie colors (can't complain about that), and I found one of the fall colors I had been desperately "craving" at my last pedicure. (My toenails were too short and it was still too hot out, so I was talked out of it last month)

The pedicure itself was short (very short) and sweet. For $45 I would've hoped for a little more than a 30 second lotion/massage. I basically soaked my feet in a lukewarm tub for 10 minutes, had my cuticles pushed back, 35 seconds on each foot with the pumice stone, a little lotion, and then had my nails painted. I think this woman was as tired as I was, and not really rushed but definitely just not into the pedicure =/

Oh well, such is life. I "cheated" on my favorite pedicure salon (remember how happy I was last month?) and as a result I ended up with an overpriced mediocre pedicure experience. I knew I should've waited until the weekend. On the plus side, I didn't have to walk as far and my nail color rocks: Decadent Diva by Essie :)




No comments: