New Blog, follow the link...

Check it out and save the link forever and ever!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jeremymcginley.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January Product Review

all that talk of shopping and no discussion on the results? well no, that wouldn't be quite fair...so here goes :)
Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Cream: Love it. $38 at Sephora, Nordstrom, ShopIntuition, etc. I now house my eye cream in the refrigerator so that after I've showered and scrubbed the sleepiness off my face, I can get a jumpstart on the eye de-puffing process. It's light enough that I can wear it during the day, and still very moisturizing too. (My night eye cream is a little too thick to wear makeup over) Overall, I think I've found a keeper.
Smith's Rosebud Salve: $6 at Sephora, drugstore.com, etc. This is supposed to be an all purpose skin product. It smells like, well, roses. Its consistency is somewhat of a mix between vaseline and chapstick. It's extremely portable since it comes in a nice little metal tin, and it's great for moisturizing a dry spot (elbow, ankle, heel, etc.) that is bugging you during the day. Also, I'm still wondering how I feel about the "greasiness" it causes until it soaks in. Pretty much anything I touch within the first 40 minutes of application is gonna be shiiiiiiiiiiney. So, is it my new moisturizer solution? no. Does it even come close to comparing to my old favorite Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve? Absolutely not. Does it work as a portable quick fix for dry hands during the winter? you betcha. It's a keeper but not sure I'll be compelled to buy it again.
L'Occitane Hand Cream with A.O.C. Lavender oil: got this as a present. Was super excited to try it because a. i've never tried L'Occitane lotion (despite all the raves i've somehow missed the opportunity thus far) and b. lavender scent is my favorite (right now) for hand creams. Does it work? sorta, it's like putting a thick milk on your hands that just soaks in after a few minutes. It's almost watery like my facial Kiehl's moisturizer. Not enough umpf for the hands if you ask me. I'm not so sure about its staying power or real moisturizing ability. Smells great but doesn't really take the cracked feeling out of my winter hands. Buy it again? probably not, just not enough real moisture for me.
Philosophy The Oxygen Peel...review coming soon, I hope it doesn't bleach my eyebrows like they warn against.

No comments: