New Blog, follow the link...

Check it out and save the link forever and ever!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.jeremymcginley.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Out sick, but wanted to thank random girl on metro

I've been running a low fever for the past two days and sneezing and coughing like it's my job. As far as health goes, I don't really mean to complain since in the grand scheme of life I'll take this cold any day over the pain of falling off a mountain bike with no doctor for miles, or a real physical ailment.

FYI, I act like I'm at most 9 years old when I'm sick. I want to lay in bed all day, eat homemade chicken soup, and wake up 3 days later feeling all better. I also have a low tolerance for "things gone wrong" (like losing something, forgetting something else, etc.). Combining the two is a recipe for disaster.

Where's this going?

I got off the metro all rushed because I was working up until the last minute and quickly scrambling to pack my work notebook in my purse tonight. I had that feeling (that I have anytime I carry too much) that I had left something on that train. I always have this feeling about planes, hotel rooms, rental cars...and usually it's a mental thing. OCD perhaps? Anyway, I felt compelled to get back on the same train car to check, and right where I had been sitting was a smiling woman holding out these babies.


These were a Christmas gift from my sister when I first moved out to the freezing East Coast. I wear them just about everyday between Nov 1 and Feb 1 each year. For obvious they're so cute but more so sentimental reasons, I seriously would have been heartbroken and just broken down crying upon realizing I left these on the stupid metro. So I'm glad my intuition told me to jump back on the train and ride out an extra stop and back :)

I seriously feel like I won the lottery or something, just because I can't stand losing things...and I don't believe you can replace things that have huge sentimental value (it's in my genes, my dad can buy a new computer each week but I was touched to hear he hadn't replaced his 4 year old UGG slippers because despite how paper-thin they had gotten, they were a Christmas gift from me...aww!)

So a long post to thank random blonde smiling girl on metro who made me forget about how exhausted and sick I'm feeling and reminded me of happy things like my family :)

No comments: